These tarts are fresh, simple, and incredibly delicious. The crisp vegetables are soaked in a tangy marinade and then finished off with an avocado cream that is to die for. Plus, this vegetable tartare is super healthy.
Lentil Vegetable Tartare [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 avocado
- 2 small fennel bulbs
- 2 carrots
- 2 purple cabbage leaves
- 6 slices of leek (the green part only)
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 beet
- 1 1/2 ounce black lentils, boiled
- 1 1/2 ounce olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons of orange juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Orange zest, to taste
- Wash and clean all vegetables. Dice the garlic, fennel, celery, and carrots.
- Cut the cabbage into thin strips.
- Chop the beet.
- Season the vegetables with oil, salt and pepper, orange juice, and lemon to taste.
- Finish the vegetables with orange zest and finely chopped lemon.
- Let the vegetables marinate for 4-5 hours.
- Just before serving, remove the peel of an avocado and mash it with a fork. Season it with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Blend it until it reaches a creamy consistency.
- Drain the vegetables from the marinade, add the lentils and the chopped fresh dill.
- Form your vegetables into tarts and top them with the avocado cream before serving.