This pizza features a thin and crispy crust made from lentils! If you're looking for a gluten-free recipe, then this is the pizza crust you have to try. All it takes is a few simple ingredients and a blender — no yeast or the wait time that comes with it.
Lentil Pizza Crust [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups dry red lentils
- 2 cups water
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Blend all ingredients until the lentils are thoroughly broken down.
- Preheat a frying pan (greased with a little bit of olive oil if needed) over low-med heat.
- Pour about 3/4 cup of batter into the frying pan and spread with the back of a spoon (it will look like a huge pancake).
- Fry for about 3 minutes or until top is dry/cooked through.
- Flip and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter to make 4-5 pizza crusts.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the pizza crusts on baking trays and top with sauce and toppings of your choice, and bake for around 10 minutes. Remove from oven, slice, and serve.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS