Looking for a hearty dinner you can whip up with minimal time and effort? These plant-strong lentil burgers are the answer — simply cook your ingredient, blend, then form patties and bake! Made from mushrooms, lentils, oats, and chia, they're packed with plenty of flavor and filling to boot. Serve on salads, burger buns with all the fixings, or roll them up into a wrap!
Lentil, Chia, and Mushroom Burgers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms, any variety
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 green onion, sliced (discard root end and use white and green portions)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked lentils
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (about 5 turns)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Prep and measure out all of your ingredients and set them aside.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes and then add the onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently and adding a splash of water when they start to stick or look dry.
- Add the mushrooms, celery, garlic and green onion and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and transfer the mixture from your skillet into your food processor, along with the cooked lentils and rolled oats.
- Pulse 10-15 times, until the mixture is coarsely mixed up.
- Transfer the mixture from the food processor to a large mixing bowl and add the chia seeds, parsley, black pepper, and salt. Stir the mixture until well combined and then form into seven equal-sized patties and place on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then flip, and bake for another 15 minutes on the other side.
- Top with thinly sliced red onions, fresh tomatoes, lettuce, and vegan mayonnaise when serving.