This pasta salad is light and fresh, yet still satisfying enough to be dinner. Mint, parsley, and lemon really brighten up the dish and compliment the zucchini and yellow squash really well. This goes without saying, but the leftovers are fantastic!
Lemon Herb Pasta Salad [Vegan]
- 4 small squash (mix of zucchini and yellow squash)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- 1/4 cup minced mint
- 1/4 cup minced Italian parsley
- 12 ounces short pasta, cooked
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Slice squash lengthwise. Add oil to a cast iron skillet or large pan over medium-high heat. Place slices of squash into pan. Heat for 2-3 minutes. Flip squash over and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan. Squash should be browned on both sides. Chop squash into a large dice.
- To make the dressing: In a small pan heat 1/4 cup of olive oil over low heat. Add garlic and cook for five minutes. Do not brown, just warm, garlic. Add warmed garlic and oil to a large bowl. Add in white wine vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Stir together with a small whisk.
- In large bowl with the dressing add cooked squash, red onion, green olives, mint, parsley and cooked pasta. Toss with dressing. Start by adding half of the dressing, taste and add more as needed.