This healthy veggie rice bowl is for those nights that you want something healthy, filling, and delicious, but don't want to think about it too hard. The brown rice gives this bowl a nice, nutty flavor, the avocados add a bit of creaminess, and the broccoli topped with lemon juice gives this bowl a burst of fresh flavor. Try this bowl out when you're feeling lazy and want to sneak some greens into your diet in a simple way.
Lemon Broccoli Rice Bowl [Vegan]
For the Bowl:
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice, cooked according to directions on package
- 1 15-ounce can of low-sodium corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can of peas, or frozen peas
- 2 cups broccoli, washed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 small white onion, chopped
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- Cook rice according to directions on your package. Once done cooking, use a strainer and rinse the rice.
- Chop your broccoli and onion and place in a sauté pan on medium heat. Wait until the rice only has 15 minutes left before starting this step.
- Once rice is done, add the corn, peas, and rice to the sauté pan, stir together, and add the dressing.
- Serve with a side of lettuce and avocado.
If you choose frozen vegetables then you need to add them to the pan with the onions and broccoli. Canned peas are much softer and frozen peas are more firm so depending on your preference decide between the two.