This creamy, dreamy, drool-worthy dip is a must-make. This artichoke dip is made from a base of cashews that are blended with lemon juice, cheesy nutritional yeast, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Marinated artichoke hearts are folded into the dip before it gets popped into the oven and baked until warm and bubbly. Pair this with a big bowl of chips or fresh cut veggies.
Lemon Artichoke Dip [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 4-8 hours, then drained and rinsed (see notes)
- 1 14.5-ounce jar of marinated artichokes, (reserve 1/4 of the artichokes and use 2 tablespoons of the juice in the dip, drain the rest)
- Juice of 1 lemon 1 tsp of zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Add the cashews, the artichokes (except for the reserved 1/4 cup), lemon juice and zest, nutritional yeast, garlic, and salt and pepper. Slowly blend the mixture adding splashes of water when needed. It should come out super creamy, be patient, it takes time.
- Put your mixture in a casserole dish. Take the reserved artichokes and roughly chop them. Take half of the chopped artichokes and stir them into your dip. Take the other half and top your dip with it. Season with a bit more salt and pepper before baking it in the oven, uncovered, for 25 minutes.
Use 1/2 cup cashews and 1/2 cup white beans for a heavier dip.