Need a cake for all occasions? This lemony cake has a crisp outside, but buttery soft on the inside with notes of citrus and rosemary. A drizzle of citrus icing drizzled over the cake takes this cake to the next level. Not to mention, it is perfect for every season!
Lemon and Rosemary Olive Oil Cake [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 tablespoons vegan egg replacer mixed with 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig, minced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a bundt cake with coconut oil. Combine salt, baking soda, baking powder, minced rosemary, and flour in a large bowl. In a separate bowl combine almond milk with vegan egg, olive oil, sugar, lemon juice, lemon extract, vanilla extract, and lemon zest. Combine, and add to flour mixture, mix until blended.
- Pour the batter into prepared 9 1/2-inch bundt cake pan. Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until the outside is golden brown and you insert a wooden toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool for 15 minutes on wire rack. Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice, stir until smooth. Place short pieces of parchment paper underneath the cake.
- Drizzle icing over cake in a circular motion. Garnish with rosemary if desired. Remove the paper for a clean cake stand.