You are just seven ingredients away from delicious Korean-style tofu. This recipe uses onion, soy sauce, sake, sugar, Korean chili powder, and scallion to create a flavorful and healthy meal. Garnish with some sesame seeds for added flair and texture.
Korean Braised Tofu [Vegan]
- 1 onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 14-ounce block firm tofu, cut into 16 squares
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2-1 tablespoon Korean chili powder
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons sake
- 1 scallion, cut into thin slices
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Place onion slices on a non-stick skillet or frying pan, then top with slices of tofu.
- Mix sugar, Korean chili powder, soy sauce, and sake together. Pour over tofu slices.
- Cover the skillet with a lid. Turn the heat to high and cook until boiling. Turn the heat to medium-high, and cook for another 5 minutes, baste with the sauce a couple of times.
- Remove lid, turn the heat back to high, and cook until the sauce has reduced.
- Turn off heat, transfer to serving plate, garnish with scallions and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.