Sauteed enoki mushrooms and fresh fruit sit atop a bed of massaged kale in this flavorful and filling salad.
Kale and Enoki Mushroom Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 cups packed kale, washed and ripped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups enoki mushrooms
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- A splash of balsamic vinegar
- 1 apple, halved and sliced
- A handful of pomegranate seeds
- In a large bowl mix together to kale, lemon juice, salt, olive oil, nutritional yeast, and pepper. Massage the kale between your fingers until the seasoning is distributed and the kale leaves are softened. Set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the mushrooms and keep moving them around the pan while they cook. Once they've softened, add a splash of balsamic vinegar to the pan. It should sizzle nicely. Add in desired amounts of salt and pepper and keep frying. After about 2 minutes, they should look soft and noodle-like. Remove from heat.
- To plate, distribute the kale between your bowls, top with apple slices, mushrooms, and pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately.