Portobello mushrooms take the spotlight in this savory Italian-inspired dish. In this recipe, meaty Portobello mushroom caps are sautéed with sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and plenty of herbs. This one-pan dish is an easy and delicious meal to make when you're scrapped for time. It's great when served in a bowl, but it can also be eaten as a sandwich on Italian bread.
Italian Portobello Mushroom Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1/4 cup of of sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A few springs of fresh oregano
- Fresh parsley
- Olive oil, for cooking
- Heat olive oil in a large pan.
- In the meantime, remove the stem and scoop out the inside of the mushrooms. Wash and pat dry, then cube the mushrooms.
- Add the shallots to the heated pan, cook for 1 minute, and then add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Add mushroom cubes, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 6 minutes, or until the mushroom is fully cooked.
- Add fresh oregano and parsley to taste. Serve while hot.