Serve this rich, popular dessert topped with cherry pie filling or sugared fresh blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries. Lemon cheesecake makes a fantastically decadent summertime dessert, after dinner, or even after lunch.
Instant Pot Lemon Cheesecake [Vegan]
- 12 gingersnaps or vanilla wafers
- 1 1/2 tablespoons almonds, toasted
- 1/2 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 2 (8-ounce) packages vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 ounces silken tofu
- Zest of 1 medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon natural lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups water
- Grease the inside of a 7-inch springform pan with nonstick spray. Add the cookies and almonds to a food processor. Pulse to create cookie crumbs and chop the nuts. Add the melted vegan margarine and pulse to mix.
- Transfer the crumb mixture to the springform pan and press down into the pan.
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes and add it to the food processor along with the sugar; process until smooth. Add the tofu, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon extract, and vanilla. Process 10 seconds or until smooth. Scrape the bowl and then process another 10 seconds or until the batter is well mixed and smooth.
- Place the springform pan in the center of two 16-inch by 16-inch pieces of aluminum foil. Crimp the foil to seal the bottom of the pan.
- Transfer the cheesecake batter into the springform pan. Pour the water into the Instant Pot™ and insert the trivet. Set the springform pan holding the cheesecake batter on the trivet. Lock the lid into place, press the Manual button, and adjust timer to 15 minutes. When the timer beeps, let pressure release naturally until float valve drops and then unlock lid.
- Lift the covered springform pan out of the pot and place on a wire rack. Remove the top foil. If any moisture has accumulated on top of the cheesecake, dab it with a piece of paper towel to remove it. Let cool to room temperature and then remove from the springform pan.