Raw pie crusts are often one of the essential recipes that raw foodists have in mind and/or in their refrigerator. It’s because you can always just grab one and stuff it with any filling or topping your taste buds feel like having anytime. This raw pie crust recipe is so easy to prepare with just four ingredients and the taste is undeniably delicious!
Raw Pie Crust [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup dried unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup dry walnuts (not soaked)
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (do not omit!)
- Put all the shredded coconut, dry walnuts, dates and sea salt in a food processor.
- Process the ingredients well but make sure the texture is still a little chunky. (You should still see small flecks of dates in the mixture.)
- Dump the pie crust mixture into a pie dish and press it down firmly.
- Refrigerate the crust before serving.
To maintain the crust’s firm consistency and to avoid it getting soggy, it’s highly recommended to only add the filling and/or toppings when it’s ready to serve and eat. This recipe makes six servings and stores well up to four days in the fridge.