This Easy Homemade Ginger Beer Recipe is healthy, spicy, fizzy and delicious! Perfect for holiday cocktails like Moscow Mule and Dark ‘n’ Stormy!
Homemade Ginger Beer [Vegan]
4, 16-ounce bottles
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger root
- 2 quarts water divided
- 4 tablespoon brown sugar or molasses
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon brewer's yeast
- Sweetener of your choice (about 1 tablespoon per bottle)
- In a pot bring grated ginger and 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Add brown sugar (or molasses for the darker color), a pinch of salt and cook until the sugar is dissolved, for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain the liquid through a sieve covered with a few layers of cheesecloth and squeeze well into a bowl.
- Add the rest of the water (about 6 cups), lemon juice and brewer's yeast. Stir to dissolve and pour into four 16 oz flip top bottles (or equivalent) using a funnel.
- Let it ferment at room temperature for 48 hours, then transfer to the fridge to stop the fermentation process. Add extra sweetener of your choice before serving. Enjoy!