This candy corn involves minimal ingredients, it's quick, fun to make, great for kids, gifts, entertaining, non vegan approved, and screams Halloween!
Homemade Candy Corn [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup organic powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup tapioca starch
- Natural liquid food color, orange and yellow
- Lay out a large piece of parchment paper on a table or counter as your workspace, and also line a large baking tray.
- In a bowl, mix together brown rice syrup, vanilla, melted coconut oil, powdered sugar, and starch until it forms a thick dough. Separate into 3 evenly sized balls.
- Drop about a 1/2 teaspoon of yellow food coloring into 1 ball of dough, and 1/2 teaspoon of orange food coloring into the other ball. Sprinkle starch on your surface. Knead each one until evenly colored. Add additional drips to achieve desired color. Leave the last ball of dough uncolored. If any of the mixtures are overly sticky, add a little more starch.
- Set in the fridge for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Sprinkle a little tapioca flour on the parchment paper. Roll about 1 tablespoon of each color dough into long, thin ropes. Place the ropes next to each other and gently press down until about 1/2 inch thick. Slice the rope into triangle-shaped wedges.
- Gently remove each candy corn piece and lightly shape with your fingers. Place on prepared baking sheet to air dry and harden for 24 hours.