Homemade candy, with nothing but the good stuff! These little truffles are the best possible treat for all of you lovers of chocolate and coconut out there — and they only take 5 ingredients.
Homemade Bounty [Vegan]
For the Coconut Filling:
- 1/2 cup organic shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts, soaked for at least 1 hour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons organic agave syrup
For the Chocolate Coating:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/8-1/4 cup organic agave syrup
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- To make the filling, blend all the ingredients using a powerful blender.
- Take one teaspoon of the coconut mixture at a time and roll small balls. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Warm up all the ingredients for the coating and stir well.
- One by one, using 2 teaspoons, place a coconut ball into the warm liquid chocolate and turn over a couple times to coat. Allow any excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl, then place on a flat surface (like a cutting board) covered with a parchment paper.
- Repeat with the remaining balls.
- Once all the bars have been done, place the board with them in the fridge and let harden, about 15 minutes.