Crunchy, flavorful and filling! These crispy chickpeas are great as a snack, sprinkled over a salad or used to top roasted veggies. They travel well and are a healthy alternative to your typical snack foods – chips, crackers, etc.
Herb Roasted Chickpeas [Vegan]
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread chickpeas on a clean kitchen towel to remove excess liquid (you do not want them to be completely dry).
- Add all ingredients (except chickpeas) to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add chickpeas to bowl and stir until herbs are evenly distributed.
- Spread chickpeas onto baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes. Stir with a wooden spoon and then roast an additional 5-10 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Enjoy immediately or transfer to an airtight container once cooled.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. Can be stored up to 3 months in the freezer.