Vibrant greens, creamy agave-miso dressing, beet chips, pumpkin seeds for crunch, and carrot – what a lovely salad! This delicious rice-based salad is extremely satisfying, yet so refreshing and exciting. Try this recipe out the next time you feel like stepping out of your salad comfort zone.
Herb and Rice Salad With Beet Chips [Vegan]
- 2 beets
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 2 carrots
- 2 cups lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white miso
- 1 1/2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Slice the beets very thinly with a mandolin or a sharp knife. Arrange them on a baking tray in a single layer and bake at 360ºF for about 20 minutes, or until crispy. Let them cool.
- Meanwhile, add miso, agave nectar, sunflower seeds, lemon juice, garlic, nutritional yeast, and a few tablespoons of water to a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Then chop lettuce and herbs finely, slice carrots thinly, and add to a large bowl with cooked rice, pumpkin seeds, baked beets, and miso dressing. Mix well and serve.