This is a super tasty vegan almond cheese that you can easily make at home. Just a handful of simple ingredients combine into a delicious plant-based treat! Non-dairy cheese goodness that you will want to eat all on your own.
Herb and Garlic Almond Cheese [Vegan]
- 1.5 cups plant milk (eg. almond, oat, rice, coconut, soy etc)
- 1/2 cup almonds blanched
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoon sea salt (Celtic or Himalayan)
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon agar agar powder
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup hot boiled water
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon mixed Italian herbs
- Firstly, you're going to need a medium sized saucepan, a blender and some cheese molds (I used mini spring form cake tins)
- Add all the ingredients (except the coating mix) into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a medium size saucepan and gradually bring to the boil before reducing heat to a simmer.
- After 5-10 minutes the mixture will become thick and creamy (see video for full step by step instructions). Quickly pour the mixture into your cheese moulds
- Place the cheese moulds into the fridge for 30 minutes or until set.
- Remove from moulds and carefully roll in the coating mix to coat the edges - this makes the cheese look great and taste even better!