The spiralizer isn’t just for making noodles. It’s also just a quick and easy way to prep your vegetables. Now, there’s a new way to slice onions: spiralize them! By either using Blade A or Blade C, you can spiralize an onion and get different results. You can either “shred” the onion to get slices (that are perfect for sauteed onions) or you can get longer, curlier strands (that are perfect for frying or baking). I make baked onion “rings” that are really like shoestring onion fries with breadcrumbs, BUT they get the job done. They’re absolutely addicting and they’re easy to make – no fancy friers needed.
Healthy Spiralized Onion ‘Rings’ [Vegan]
- 1 piece of whole wheat sandwich bread
- 2 tablespoons grated vegan parmesan
- 2 large onions, peeled, spiralized
- olive oil, to drizzle
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 415 F degrees.
- Place your bread into a food processor and pulse until breadcrumbs. Pour crumbs into a bowl and add in the parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- In a large baking tray, place your onion rings. Drizzle with olive oil and massage into the onions.
- Season the onions with salt, pepper and then pour over the breadcrumbs, carefully coating all of the onions with the mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Plate when finished and enjoy!
- Whole Wheat