These strawberry shortcake bars are soft, decadent, and super easy to make. The shortcake is dense, moist, and tasty, and the fresh strawberries give these bars the perfect texture and flavor.
Healthier Strawberry Shortcake Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free quick oats
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3 tablespoon water (more if needed to facilitate blending)
- 7 ounces yellow squash
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon natural butter flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid stevia
- 3/4 cup granulated erythritol or other granulated sweetener of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray an 8x8-inch baking pan with non-stick spray and set it aside.
- Add the oats to a blender, and process them until they have a flour-like consistency.
- Pour your oats into large mixing bowl and add your xanthan gum.
- Add all the remaining ingredients (except strawberries) to a blender, and blend them until they're smooth.
- Add in the oats and xanthan gum, and blend them until they're smooth.
- Pour the mixture into large mixing bowl, add in the sliced strawberries, and mix it well.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan, and bake it for 35 minutes or until edges begin to brown slightly and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.