These macaroons are great for coconut lovers because you can get your coconut cookie fix in a healthy(er) way. The recipe uses unsweetened coconut and monk fruit sweetener to cut down on the sugar so you can treat yourself to a second cookie and not feel guilty.
Healthier Macaroons [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 tablespoons ground flax plus 9 tablespoons water
- 8 tablespoons shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 5 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons oat fiber
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener
- Combine flax and water in large mixing bowl, and stir.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and stir them until they're well-combined.
- Refrigerate your dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F, line baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Roll dough into 15 equal-sized balls, place them on a baking sheet, and push them down to flatten the bottoms.
- Bake them for 30-35 minutes, or until they're slightly firm to the touch. They will firm up a bit more as they cool.