This is a fiber-packed, healthier version of the famous hazelnut spread. Enjoy this in a dessert recipe or on some toast.
Healthier Hazelnut Chocolate Spread [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 3 1/2-ounces 70% dark chocolate, broken into small pieces.
- 2 ripe avocados, flesh scooped out.
- In a small pot on stove top, mix and heat up the ground hazelnuts, water, and maple syrup.
- Add the dates and chocolate.
- Bring to a low simmer for a few minutes, stirring constantly and banging the dates with a wooden spoon until the chocolate melts and dates dissolve.
- Take off heat and process directly in the pot with a handheld blender until smooth.
- Put the avocado flesh in the bowl of a food processor. Add the chocolate/hazelnut mixture and process until well blended and smooth.
- Transfer into a container or glass jar, cover and store in fridge. Enjoy!