Warm cardamom and hazelnut butter transform these chocolate chip cookies into a delightful seasonal treat.
Hazelnut Butter and Cardamom Chocolate Chunk Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed, plus 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup hazelnut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, warmed to liquid
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cardamom extract (or 1 teaspoon dried cardamom)
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chunks or chips
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flax seed and water. Place the bowl in the fridge for 15 minutes. This is your flax egg.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, hazelnut butter, coconut oil, vanilla, and flax egg, with a wooden spoon until smooth. Then mix in the flour, soda, baking powder, and sea salt in until the mixture is smooth. Stir in the chocolate chunks or chips.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Shape the cookie dough into 2 inch balls, place on your baking sheet a few inches apart and flatten slightly with your hand.
- Place in the oven and bake for 2 minutes or so, until lightly browned and set. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Chocolate Chip