In this recipe, rice paper wraps are filled with a mixture of fresh vegetables, green curry paste, and spicy chili. The samosas are then baked until golden and crispy. These Thai-inspired samosas are best when paired with a spicy-sweet dipping sauce, but be sure to let them cool down before you dig in!
Green Curry Rice Paper Samosas [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- A heaping 1/4 cup peas
- A heaping 1/2 cup carrots, chopped into small pieces
- 2 small sweet potatoes, chopped into small cubes
- 3-4 small potatoes, chopped into small cubes
- 1 cup broccoli florets and stems, chopped
- 3-inch piece garlic scape, diced
- 1/8 cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 3 1/2 tablespoons green Thai curry paste
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon matcha green tea powder (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, for water
- 8 rice paper wraps
- Extra coconut oil or avocado oil, to brush samosas before baking
- Add sea salt to a pot of water, add cubed sweet and white potatoes, and bring to a boil using lid to cover pot. Once the water comes to a rolling boil (approximately 7-10 minutes), add carrots and return lid to the pot. Boil for 5 minutes, then add broccoli and peas. Boil for 3 more minutes and remove from heat, checking to ensure that potatoes are cooked through.
- Strain vegetables, and add to a mixing bowl with garlic scape (or minced garlic clove), coconut oil, green Thai curry paste, pumpkin seeds, chili flakes, parsley, and matcha green tea powder, if using.
- Stir to combine and taste. Adjust to your preferences and set aside. You can prepare the filling ahead if you like, storing in the refrigerator until ready to make the samosas.
- Before getting started, preheat the oven to 400°F. Fill a shallow large dish with water. Briefly soak a rice paper wrap in water (10-15 seconds or so), being sure not to let the wrap become too soft. Remove from water and lie on a clean flat surface.
- Using scissors, cut the wrap in half so you are left with two half-moons — each wrap makes 2 samosas. Scoop a large spoonful of filling onto the center of each half.
- Fold one side over the filling, followed by the other side of the wrap so you are left with a triangle-shaped pocket. Fold the open side of the pocket over itself, to close.
- Transfer samosas to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Continue until you run out of filling.
- Once you’ve wrapped all of your samosas, lightly brush with coconut or avocado oil. Place in preheated oven, and bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove from oven to flip each samosa, and then return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes, until samosas are crisped and lightly brown.
- Allow samosas to sit for a few minutes before eating — they will be very hot.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS