This green chickpea sweet potato curry packs a spicy punch, but don't fear! The zesty flavor is perfect balanced out by coconut milk and coconut yogurt. Pair this curry with white rice and enjoy an Indian feast for dinner.
Green Chickpea Sweet Potato Curry [Vegan]
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small head broccoli, florets slightly chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 1/2 cup sweet peas, shelled
- 2/3 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt (optional)
- Add sweet potatoes to a large skillet and fill with about 1 inch of water. Cover and place over medium heat for about 10 minutes. When water has evaporated add broccoli and onions and pour in oil. Sauté for 10-15 minutes, until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Now add mushrooms, chickpeas, sweet peas, and green chili and stir over heat for 2-3 more minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk coconut milk, curry paste, lime juice, and coconut sugar together. Pour into pan, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally until sauce has thickened and potatoes are fork tender.
- Serve with coconut yogurt.