This recipe is a fool proof method of cooking potatoes that is so simple it’ll make you laugh. However, what really makes these potatoes sing is the aji that goes on top. Aji is really just the Colombian version of a raw salsa and it is simple but delicious.
Gold Potatoes With Raw Salsa [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Potatoes:
- 4 Yukon gold potatoes, halved (red also work well here)
- 1/2-3/4 tablespoon of kosher salt (depending on how salty you like things)
- 3 cups water
For the Aji (Raw Salsa):
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of chopped cilantro (a couple of stems, around 8 or so)
- Half a teaspoon of white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Dash of cumin
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Put the potatoes, water, and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn it down and let it simmer until all the water has evaporated away. The potatoes will be cooked and the salt will have stuck to them.
- Mix all the raw salsa ingredients together.
- Pour over potatoes and serve! You can also serve this with lentils!