It's a wonderful world we live in, when you can make something that tastes THIS GOOD, and is also crazy-good for your fabulous bod at the same time. Plus, it's easy to make and turns out really cute! The perfect gift for that special someone, an impressive dessert, or an (uber healthy) treat for yourself. So go on, make this tart and enjoy life. What's not to like?
Goji Berry Caramel Tart [Vegan]
4 - 5 tarts
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup soaked dates
- 1/4 cup cocoa/cacao
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 T coconut oil, if it's too crumbly
- Handful Brazil nuts
- 2-3 T raw honey/agave
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 7-10 dates, soaked for 30 minutes or so if you can - but don't dump the water!
- 3 T almond butter
- 2 T tahini
- 2-3 T coconut butter, melted
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- Water as needed (preferably the date water)
- 1/6 cup or so coconut flakes (doesn't really matter, you be the judge)
- 2 T chia seeds gelled with water
- Process all ingredients until it's like dough (but a little crumbly). Press it into your favourite tart shells and freeze while you're making the filling.
- Process Brazil nuts into fine pieces, add all other ingredients EXCEPT coconut flakes and chia seeds. Process until it has a caramel-y consistency. You may need to add some water or more of the other ingredients. Try it. Your mind should be exploding now. If not, continue tampering until it reaches the mind-blowing stage. Add the coconut flakes and gelled chia.
- Spoon this into the frozen tart shell crusts and let it freeze for maybe another 30 minutes. Then carefully take the crust out of the mold, not letting it break! Chill until you need them, and decorate with goji berries or anything else!