These Goji Berry and Hazelnut Cacao Truffles are rolled in crushed goji berries. Here you have a quick and easy, raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo-friendly, no bake, and no refined sugar treat to enjoy!
Goji Berry and Hazelnut Cacao Truffles [Vegan]
For the Truffles:
- 1 cup organic raw hazelnuts
- 8 Large organic medjool dates (pitted)
- 4 tablespoons organic raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons organic goji berries
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon organic maca powder
For the Coating:
- 2 tablespoons organic goji berries (crushed into powder)
To Make the Goji Berries:
- Put the 2 tablespoons of goji berries into a coffee grinder (or food processor) and grind until they become a powdery consistency.
- Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
To Make the Truffles:
- Add all the ingredients for the truffles into a food processor and process until they are well combined and have a sticky texture.
- Take out about a tablespoon at a time and roll into a ball shape in the palm of your hand.
- Take each truffle and roll into the crushed goji berry powder making sure they are completely covered.
- Put them in the refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes, or until they are a little firmer.
- Keep in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve them because they will become soft and lose their shape if left out at room temperature.
Tip #1: The first time I used crushed goji berries I made them in the food processor and they really didn’t come out uniformly crushed. This time, I used my coffee grinder that I used to ground flax seeds and it made more of a powdery consistency and made it easier to roll and stick to the truffles.