These Gingerbread Cookie Bars are soft and chewy in the center with a crispy chewy crust, vegan and only requires 1 bowl to make! Call it a cookie, bar, pie it doesn’t matter because they all could describe this perfectly and it’s oh-so-yum and I know you are going to love it! This would also be a perfect dessert to take along to a gathering with family and friends if you have anything you need to prepare a sweet treat for this coming season!
Gingerbread Cookie Bars [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup vegan butter melted
- 1/4 cup vegan cane sugar
- 3/4 packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ginger (spice, not fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional frosting
- Optional sprinkles
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray/vegan butter or line baking dish: 8×8-inch square pan or round pie dish
- In a large mixing bowl add the butter and melt it in the microwave, then add in the rest of the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add in all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan and place in oven, bake for 34 minutes until tooth pick pokes in the center and comes out clean.
Let cool completely before frosting or cutting into it! Store in a sealed container or covered tightly with plastic wrap for up to 1 week.