This ginger soy tofu is a great staple to have around for when you're craving Asian cuisine but don't necessarily want to give in to take-out. It's gingery, spicy from Sriracha, and perfectly savory from soy sauce. Let this tofu be the star of the show by serving it on a simple bed of white rice or combine it with fresh vegetables and noodles for a flavorful stir-fry.
Ginger Soy Tofu [Vegan]
- 1 14-ounce package firm tofu
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce or Sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 green onions, sliced thin (optional)
- Slice the tofu into about 6-8 pieces.
- Mix all of the other ingredients in a shallow dish and add your tofu. Let marinate for about 10 minutes.
- Heat a saucepan on the stove. Add the tofu with the sauce and cook until tofu is heated through and sauce begins to thicken (about 2 minutes for each side of the tofu). Serve.