A healthy delicious balanced snack that is full of plant-based protein and healthy fats. Perfectly fudgy with a delicious texture that will make it hard to believe it contains chickpeas.
Fudgy Chocolate Chickpea Squares [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 2 scoops pea protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 1 tablespoon stevia granules or sweetener of your choice
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup toasted desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon hulled tahini, to drizzle over (optional)
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, and place into the food processor.
- Add the walnuts, pea protein powder, salt, raw cacao, stevia, coconut sugar, and toasted coconut and blend until all combined.
- While the processor is running, add the melted coconut oil and boiling water. The mixture will begin to stick together until a big "dough" ball has formed.
- Line a deep baking dish (I used a bread tin) with plastic cling film, and press the mixture down firmly. A silicone spatula will get the job done.
- Once the mixture is firmly and evenly pressed down, place in the fridge overnight to set.
- Remove and slice into squares.
- Place the tahini into a small plastic bag and press all into one corner. Using scissors, snip off a tiny bit of the corner and as you would a piping bag, drizzle the tahini all over the squares.
- Serve and enjoy. Keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator.