Floral, salty, crunchy, icy, juicy, fruity, creamy, minty, and maple-y … this tart is all of those elements in one bite! It's easy to make, can be made the night before a gathering, and when garnished with a mound of fresh berries and mint, it's quite the show-stopper! After you make this tart once, you'll be inspired to create it using different fruits and flavors.
Frozen Blueberry Tart [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Filling:
- 1 13.66-ounce can organic coconut milk, full fat
- 12 ounces frozen organic blueberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
For the Whipped Cream:
- 1 13.66-ounce can full-fat organic coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Crust:
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (plus more for greasing pie pan)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon organic lavender buds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
To Make the Filling:
- Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on medium-high until mixture comes together, and blueberries are well blended.
- Pour into the prepared crust, and place in the freezer while you prepare the whipped cream.
To Make the Whipped Cream:
- Carefully open the can of chilled coconut milk, being careful to keep it level.
- Scoop the thick coconut cream into a large bowl of a stand mixer. Save the coconut milk liquid for another use.
- Beat the coconut cream for 3-5 minutes on high speed, until it becomes fluffy and light, with soft peaks. Mix in your sweetener and vanilla, if using.
To Make the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt together coconut oil and maple syrup. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse together the coconut, almond flour, lavender buds, and salt until finely ground.
- Add liquid mixture to almond-coconut mixture in the food processor. Pulse until coarse crumbs form (dough should clump together when squeezed).
- Transfer dough to a greased 9-inch pie pan. Using a measuring cup or your fingers, evenly press dough in bottom and up sides of pan.
- Bake in center of oven until golden and firm, about 12-15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, at least 1 hour.