These fried zucchini ravioli are pretty much tiny pockets of flavor heaven. Crispy on the outside with tender zucchini and gooey cheese tucked on the inside, this recipe is a winner. Forming the ravioli may seem a bit tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's a breeze! Serve these with plenty of tomato sauce and a generous sprinkling of parsley.
Fried Zucchini Ravioli [Vegan]
- Medium zucchini, thinly sliced, two slices per ravioli
- Vegan cream cheese (omit garlic), estimate 1 teaspoon per ravioli
- Shredded vegan cheese, about 1 teaspoon per ravioli (I used a pizza blend)
- Salt, pepper, chopped herbs, to season the filling
- 2 servings of egg replacer
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- Oil, for frying
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Tomato sauce, for serving
- Mix sufficient cream cheese with shredded cheese and seasoning for the filling. (For 10 ravioli you would use about a 1/3 cup of each, more or less).
- Assemble the ravioli and secure with a toothpick.
- Dip each one in the egg replacer, then bread crumbs.
- Repeat the egg dip and use your hands to gently pack the bread crumbs around the ravioli.
- Measure enough oil to come about halfway up the sides of the ravioli in a frying pan and heat until shimmering.
- Carefully add three or four ravioli and fry until golden brown on both sides (three or four minutes per side).
- Drain the ravioli on some paper towels.
- Serve while hot with some sauce on the side as desired.