These fried patties are crispy on the outside and light, fluffy, and garlicky on the inside. Broccoli rabe sautéed with garlic adds a depth of flavor while cashew milk brings the creaminess. Enjoy these patties on a bed of lettuce as part of a salad, or eat them as a side with spicy sriracha.
Fried Smashed Potato Patties With Garlic Broccoli Rabe [Vegan]
- 4 large potatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, plus more for cooking
- 6 tablespoons cashew milk
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Half a bunch of broccoli rabe, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Boil the chopped potatoes for 10-15 minutes, until soft. While the potatoes are cooking heat approximately 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a pan or cast iron skillet until hot. Add the minced garlic, continually moving it around the pan with a spatula or wooden spoon until slightly browned. Add in the broccoli rabe (stems removed) and sauté until bright green and softened. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine the potatoes, coconut oil, cashew milk, thyme, salt, and pepper and mash until smooth. Add in the garlic broccoli rabe and toss to combine. Refrigerate until cold.
- For the fried patties, simply make large round balls from the mashed potatoes. Put a skillet on medium heat with olive oil and place the patties onto the hot pan. Fry for about 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Serve hot.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS