These spring rolls are a fun and easy way to get your daily dose of colorful veggies. Combined with avocado and peanut sauce, they're the perfect medley of creamy and crunchy textures!
Fresh Veggie Spring Rolls With Peanut Satay Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Head of romaine lettuce
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 avocado
- Handful of sprouts
- Handful of fresh mint
- Vermicelli noodles
- Rice paper rolls
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Have all of your ingredients chopped and ready in bowls and boil water in a kettle.
- Mix all the satay ingredients together to create the sauce and leave it in the fridge until you’re ready.
- Pour boiled water into a large salad bowl and top with a little cold water so that you can place your hands in without it being too hot.
- Place your vermicelli noodles in a deeper bowl and cover them with the remaining water. Let them cook for 3 minutes, then drain and rinse.
- Prep a cutting board for the rice paper wraps by covering it with tea towel that you have rinsed under cold water and rung dry. This will prevent them from sticking.
- Start by placing one rice paper roll in the water for 30 seconds. You will see them start to change texture and become delicate. Gently but quickly place the rice paper roll onto the damp tea towel ensuring that none of the sides stick together.
- Start the layering process beginning with a romaine lettuce leaf, followed by carrots, cucumber, avocado, sprouts, vermicelli noodles, avocado, and mint leaves on top. Begin to roll them by picking up the rice paper roll at one end and folding it over the ingredients, and then gently fold in the sides and completely roll it over.
- Repeat the process with the remaining rice paper wraps. Serve with chilled satay sauce.