This pizza starts with a rich “buttery” sugar cookie crust, smothered with a sweet cream “cheese” sauce, layered with your favorite fruits, and then drizzled with a citrus glaze that both locks in fruit freshness and pulls the whole pizza together. The end product is a delectable dessert that not only looks stunning but you don’t have to feel too guilty about eating it!
Fresh and Fruity Party Pizza [Vegan]
Serves1 whole pizza
For sugar cookie pizza crust:
- 5 cups White Wheat Flour (other vegan flours work as well)
- 2 cups sugar (coconut sugar would be really good too)
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ cups dairy free milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 13 oz. container of vegan butter spread-whipped
For sweet cream cheese sauce:
- ¾ block silken tofu or 8 oz package of vegan cream cheese
- ½ cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For Citrus Glaze:
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbs corn starch
- Fresh Fruit of choice (Strawberry, blueberries and bananas are my faves!)
- Using a hand mixer, combine the Earth Balance and sugar together until it is light and creamy.
- Now, add the baking powder and use the hand mixer to evenly combine throughout.
- Add milk, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Use hand mixer to combine until smooth.
- Slowly start adding the flour while using hand mixer. I used ½ C increments and it worked out lovely. As soon as flour is mixed into batter stop mixing, you do not want to over process.
- Refrigerate your dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a round pizza pan. Roll out dough onto pizza pan until it covers most of it. Bake for about 17 minutes or until edges just start to brown and middle isn’t completely dough like.
- Pull out of oven and let cool. Cookie will continue to cook while cooling.
- While cookie is cooling, take out another mixing bowl and combine tofu or cream cheese along with sugar and vanilla. You can either mix using the hand mixer or good old elbow grease. Just need the ingredients to be nice and smooth. Set aside.
- Slice your fruits up into small pieces. I cut my strawberries into halves, left the blueberries alone, and sliced my banana into chips. There is no right or wrong way. Set aside when done.
- Now, time for the glaze. Take a medium sauce pan and place on stove top. Add lemon juice, orange juice, water, ½ C sugar, and cornstarch and stir. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Will make way more glaze than you need. Use it to dip fruit or throw in a smoothie for later. Waste not!
- Time to assemble your pizza! Once cookie is fully cooled, slather on cream cheese/tofu pizza “sauce”.
- Arrange fruit onto pizza. I prefer lots of fruit so every piece is touching. I start in the middle and keep adding until it reaches the outer edges of the crust.
- Once sauce and fruit is assembled, take a basting brush and brush the citrus glaze onto every inch of the pizza. I am pretty generous with the glaze as I find its flavor addicting. If you use bananas, it is especially vital to them as it keeps them from turning brown.
- Refrigerate completed pizza until chilled. Enjoy!
Crust recipe adapted from Chez Betty