These homemade VEGAN French Toast Sticks are super quick, easy and healthy to make! Cinnamon flavored and totally yummy! no bananas or weird ingredients! The flavor is on point, with hints of cinnamon, vanilla and sugar! It’s super soft, moist, slightly gooey and oh-so-YUM!
French Toast Sticks [Vegan]
Batter for dipping:
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour
- sprinkle with cinnamon + sugar, to taste
- Pure maple syrup, to taste
- Fruit, to taste
- Vegan whipped cream, to taste
- Slice each piece of toast into 3 so they look like sticks (if making sticks otherwise leave the slices of toast whole).
- In a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients except the flour and whisk well, slowly add the flour while whisking, a little bit of clumping is ok and un-avoidable but if there is just too much clumping you can add the mixer to a small blender and blend it up really quick.
- Heat up a skillet on the stove, once hot reduce the heat to medium, spray with non-stick spray and dip the toast or slices into the batter and place on skillet, let cook until golden brown (about 3 minutes) and then flip and cook other side. Repeat until everything is used up. (keep spraying pan between each batch.)
Customization: you could totally top this with some chocolate chips or some vegan whipped cream and sprinkle a little more cinnamon + Sugar on top with some fresh berries for more of a dessert style! The texture of this French toast will greatly be affected by the type of bread you use. You can make this gluten free by swapping the bread for your favorite gluten-free bread and swapping the all-purpose flour in the batter for a gluten-free variety or tapioca flour… something that has a binding quality, nothing like plain rice or plain buckwheat flour it just won’t thicken anything. You can easily double this recipe or even triple it depending on how much you want to make!