Forbidden black rice folded in with fresh mango chunks and refreshing cucumbers, beautiful red bell peppers to add color and spiced with jalapeno peppers and flavored with mint and some lime zest for citrus tinge. It's so easy to make too! Within minutes the meal was ready and I fell in love with it in the first bite. I felt energetic, refreshed, and delighted.
Forbidden Rice and Mango Salad [Vegan]
- 2 cups forbidden black rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups ripe mango chunks
- 1 cup cucumbers, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- Cook black rice as per the package instructions.
- In a salad bowl combine all the ingredients and mix very well.
- Let it stand for 2 minutes before serving.
Lemon zest and lemon juice can also be used if desired. Make sure to follow the package instructions for cooking black rice properly. Fresh or frozen mango chunks can be used. Does not use pickled jalapeno or else the salad with become sour. I used fresh jalapeno peppers. If jalapeno peppers are not available green chilies can also be used.