The banana bread is so soft and sweet, while the frosting is creamy with just the right amount of tang. The ingredients for the banana bread are super simple and sweetened naturally, with fruit. There’s literally only four and it's made with banana flour, so it's technically flourless! A warm slice of this banana bread with a generous amount of frosting for breakfast is near perfection.
Flourless Banana Bread With Cream Cheese Frosting [Vegan, Gluten-Free, No Refined Sugar]
For the Banana Bread:
- 2 cups banana/plantain flour
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed in a small bowl with 6 tablespoons water, set in the refrigerator for 15 minutes)
- 1 cup almond milk
For the Cashew Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in warm water for at least 2 hours, then drained
- 15 dates
- 1 cup water
- 1-2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the banana flour, mashed bananas, flax eggs, and almond milk and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the banana bread batter into a nonstick loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, then set it aside to cool completely, at least an hour.
- To make the frosting, combine the soaked cashews, dates, water, vinegar, and vanilla in a food processor and blend until totally smooth and creamy - you may need to stop it and scrape down the sides after a few minutes to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Spread the frosting over your cooled banana bread.
Calories: 1,304 | Carbs: 297 | Fat: 10 | Protein: 16 | Sodium: 178 Sugar: 94 | NOTE: Nutrition for the whole loaf. Excludes frosting.