These smoky baked beans are just delightful! Warm, comforting, and one of the best things ever to put on toast, you can't go wrong with this dinner staple. It's incredibly versatile and pairs well with a variety of dishes.
15-Minute Baked Beans [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of coconut sugar (or use molasses or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon of shoyu soy sauce or tamari
- 1 1/2 cup of cooked beans (the equivalent of one can)
- 1/2 cup passata (plain tomato sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Add one tablespoon of water to a pan on medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic until softened and translucent, this will take about 5 minutes. Add tomato paste, smoked paprika, oregano, coconut sugar, and soy sauce and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the drained beans and the tomato paste and cook until well-thickened, at least 5 minutes. You can also add liquid smoke or Worcestershire sauce to add a deeper, more robust flavor.
- Beans - All