Cranberry sauce is a must-have at any Thanksgiving or holiday celebration! But before you through in that pre-made can into your shopping cart, check out how easily it can be made at home! Make it a few days ahead of time and it will be ready to serve.
Festive Cranberry Sauce [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 24 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 French yellow apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- Juice and zest of one orange
- Zest of a lemon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 12 tablespoons agave
- In a sauce pan, bring cranberries, apple, applesauce, pineapple juice, and water to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add orange juice, orange zest, lemon zest, salt, and agave. Continue to cook over low heat for another 10 minutes, stiffing occasionally with a wooden spoon to crush the cranberries to make a smoother sauce.
- Cool at room temperature and refrigerate for at least 4-5 hours or overnight.