Stop buying expensive packaged chocolates! These raw chocolate truffles are so beautiful and elegant you would think they could only be the work of a seasoned chocolatier. Thankfully, you can make these adorable treats at home with ease; no previous candy-making experience required!
Elegant Raw Chocolate Truffles [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Truffles:
- 1 cup tempered raw cacao paste
- 1 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup dark agave
- 1/2 teaspoon Kalahari or Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 1/2 cup dates, soaked
- 2 large tablespoons dark agave
- 1 teaspoon mesquite
For the Toppings:
- Goji berries
- Activated almonds, hazelnuts, or walnuts
- Sun-dried white mulberries
- In a glass or ceramic bowl, melt the cocoa paste, cocoa butter, agave, salt, and vanilla at low temperature. You can do this in a dehydrator but you can also in your oven set at warm, keep it at about 105oF or over a bowl of simmering water, making sure no water gets into the mix.
- In a high-speed blender, add the soaked and rinsed cashews, agave, dates, and mesquite and blend on high until super smooth and creamy. Rub it between you thumb and fore finger to make sure that it is not grainy. If it is, keep going until it is like cream!
- Add the melted chocolate to the creamed cashew mix in the blender and blend to combine.
- Gently spoon the mix into a piping bag with a decorative nozzle ensuring that you don't get any pockets of air.
- Pipe the mix onto baking paper in various shapes and decorate with the nuts and dried fruit. For the hazelnuts, place the hazelnut on the paper and pipe over the top so the hazelnut is in the middle of the chocolate.
- Refrigerate or freeze until set.