The most delicious waffles you'll ever have! Aquafaba makes these waffles light and fluffy on the inside while homemade egg-less nog makes them sweet, spicy, and seasonal!
Eggnog Waffles [Vegan]
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 tablespoon aquafaba
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 cups vegan eggnog (recipe follows)
- Coconut powdered sugar, for serving (optional)
- 2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or a few drops of stevia for sugar-free)
- 1 cup macadamia nuts or cashews, soaked in filtered water for 4 hours, then drained
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- A pinch of sea salt
- Whisk together all of the dry ingredients, then whisk in the wet ingredients.
- Pre-heat waffle iron. Once it is heated, add about 1/3 cup waffle batter to the iron and close it.
- Cook according to waffle iron package directions. Keep warm in an oven at low heat (150°F degrees). Dust waffles with coconut powdered sugar, if desired, before serving.
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Serve.