These spiced cupcakes feature eggless nog in the batter and in the glazed icing, so you will get all the flavors of your favorite seasonal drink! Bring these to your next holiday party and watch them disappear, or keep them all to yourself! We won't blame you.
Eggless Nog Cupcakes [Vegan]
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup eggless nog
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (you can substitute this for regular white vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax seeds, plus 3 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon eggless nog
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Take all the wet ingredients and put in a small pot on the stovetop on low. Whisk ingredients together to blend well. Do not let the mixture get too hot, it should just be warm to the touch.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the wet to the dry and mix until just incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Spoon mixture into cupcake pan and cook for 10-12 minutes. Use a toothpick to make sure the batter is cooked through. Top with icing and serve.