A sweet and creamy treat made with vegan nog, rice, and savory spices. Perfect for the holiday season!
Egg-less Nog Rice Pudding [Vegan]
For the Pudding:
- 4 cups of rice
- 2 dates, pitted
- 2 bananas, pureed
- 1/2 cup of toasted pecans
- 1 cup of vegan nog
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon of cloves
- A pinch of finely ground sea salt
To Top the Pudding:
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vegan butter, melted
- 2 cups of water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and heat two cups of water
- Puree the banana and dates in a food processor and transfer to a large bowl. Add the rice, pecans, nog, vanilla, and spices to the mixture and stir until well combined. Spoon into two 4-inch ramekins or a 9-inch pie plate and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar and vegan butter.
- Put the ramekins in a roasting pan that’s covered with about an inch of hot water and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the top has a caramelized crust. Let cool for five minutes.
Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days!
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS