Sometimes the best way to start your day is with dessert — and that's where these crescent Danish rolls come into play. Stuffed with vegan cream cheese and fruity jam, they're the lovechild of two beloved breakfast pastries. You don't need to toil away in the kitchen to make these, either. They take minimal prep and bake up just 10 minutes!
Easy Crescent Danish Rolls [Vegan]
For the Rolls:
- 1 can vegan crescent rolls
- 1 ounce vegan cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- A couple spoonfuls of jelly
For the Icing:
- 1.4 ounces powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons non-dairy milk
- Mix 1 oz cream cheese with 1 tablespoon sugar
- Unroll crescent rolls but do not break them into triangles. Pinch the triangles into rectangles. Cut your four rectangles into four or five long strips. You can sprinkle with sugar.
- Take one long dough strip and twist it. Roll the twisted dough into a pinwheel.
- Make a thumbprint in the middle of the pinwheel and add a tiny amount of filling (cream cheese, jelly, or both).
- Bake at 350°F for about 10-15 minutes
- Make the icing by combining ingredients until smooth. Once cooled, add icing on top.