This cozy bowl of goodness will warm you up in the mornings! Comforting sweetness from the chocolate hazelnut butter combined with the dreamy tea flavor will be everything you want when you wake up to a chill in the air.
Earl Grey Zucchini Oatmeal with Chocolate Hazelnut Butter [Vegan]
- 2 teaspoons loose earl grey tea leaves
- 3/4 cup plant milk of choice, or more water
- 1/3 cup grated yellow squash or (peeled) zucchini
- 1/4 cup quick cook steel cut oats*
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- optional sweetener, such as maple syrup, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoon vegan chocolate hazelnut butter
- Place tea leaves in a tea infuser ball. Set milk in a saucepan over medium-high heat, and add tea.
- Once it's simmering, allow 5 minutes for the tea to infuse.
- Remove tea infuser, and add zucchini and oats and return to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Once more of the liquid has absorbed, add vanilla extract, salt, and optional sweetener.
- When you're pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, transfer to a bowl. Add a splash of your milk of choice, the chocolate hazelnut butter, and any other desired toppings (such as chopped hazelnuts, fresh fruit, or coconut)
You can make this with rolled or quick oats by using 1 cup liquid and 1/2 cup rolled oats.