How beautiful is this raw cheesecake? The ground cashew nuts combined with yogurt give it an extremely smooth and creamy texture. The beet shreds added a nice color and a very mild beet taste that you may not even notice while the lemon zest and lemon juice just give an extra tangy taste. This no-bake cake looks extravagant, but it's so easy to make!
Dreamy Yogurt Cheesecake on a Cocoa-Coconut Crust [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
For the Crust:
- 7 large Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1/4 cup dark coca powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pure stevia extract powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (liquid form)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- (optional) 1/4 cup coconut flour
For the Cheesecake:
- .18 ounces (5 grams) agar agar noodles
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (approximately 7.4 ounces) raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 8 hours
- 12 ounces vegan yogurt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, liquid form
- 1/2 teaspoon pure stevia extract powder
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, from half of a large lemon
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup packed shredded beets
To Make the Crust:
- In a food processor, blend the soft dates until it forms a big ball. Add the remaining crust ingredients and blend until it forms loose crumbs. The dough should stick together if you press it a little bit between your fingers. If it doesn’t, add 1 teaspoon of water and blend again.
- Transfer the crust mixture into a springform pan. Use your hand to spread it out evenly and press down firmly. Place the springform pan in the freezer while you are preparing the cheesecake filling.
To Make the Cheesecake:
- Use a pair of scissors to cut the agar agar noodles to 1/2-inch in length. Dissolve them into 1/4 cup of boiling water and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Use a spoon to stir, helping the noodles to dissolve. Heat in microwave oven for 15 seconds, if necessary.
- Drain the soaked cashew nuts and pat dry with paper towel. Add the cashew nuts and agar agar noodle solution into a high-speed blender. Blend briefly, approximately 30 seconds. Add the remaining filling ingredients, except beets, and blend until very smooth. Transfer approximately 2 tablespoons of the white filling into a squeeze bottle (such as mustard or ketchup squeeze bottle) for later decorating.
- Add the beets into the white cheesecake filling and blend again until very smooth. You can taste and adjust the sweetness as needed.
- Pour the pink cheesecake filling into the springform pan containing the prepared cheesecake crust. Gently tap on the counter to remove any air pockets in the filling.
- Squeeze small amount of the white cheesecake filling to form dots in a swirl pattern over the pink cheesecake. Take a toothpick, beginning with the center dots, and run the toothpick through the center of each dot to form a heart shape (don’t lift the toothpick out until you finish the last dot).
- Carefully transfer the springform pan into the freezer on a level surface for approximately 2 hours, or until firm throughout.
- Remove the springform pan from the freezer and let it rest at room temperature for 5-10 minutes. Use a paring knife to run between the cake and edge of the springform pan to help release it. Slice and serve immediately.
You can soak your dates in warm water for 10 minutes if they are not soft and moist.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS