Chocolate and peppermint are a match that's just made to be! These cookies are soft and chewy, with the addition of cacao nibs for just a bit of crunchiness. With a glass of almond milk for dunking, they're the midnight snack you'll be craving all winter long.
Double Chocolate Mint Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/5 cups gluten-free rolled oats, processed into flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax seeds, plus 3 tablespoons water)
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract, or 1/8 teasppon pure peppermint essential oil
- 1-2 teaspoons almond milk, as required
- 1/2 cup raw cacao nibs
- In a large bowl, mix together the oat flour, coconut sugar, raw cacao powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together the flax egg, coconut oil, almond butter, and peppermint extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until mixed. If the dough feels dry, add 1-2 tablespoons almond milk. Fold in the raw cacao nibs.
- Place the dough in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and shape into balls the size of a golf ball. Place the cookies on the baking sheet and gently press down until they are 1/2-inch thick.
- Bake for 12 minutes and let the cookies cool before serving.