This unbelievable cake is full of spice with just a hint of citrus. The cake itself is delicate and moist and the fragrance of the spices will fill your home while it's baking. It pairs perfectly with a fresh cup of black coffee.
Delicate Orange Spice Cake [Vegan]
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Zest of 1 orange
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Prepare a spring form pan/cake pan by spraying with non-stick spray
- Mix your milk and vinegar and set aside while you prepare the other ingredients
- Combine all your dry ingredients (from flour down to nutmeg) and set aside
- Add coconut oil, vanilla, and zest to a mixer and beat together. Add milk and vinegar mixture and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until no lumps. The batter will be very soupy.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow the cake to cool and top with powdered sugar.